Using African American History Online
Shelton State Libraries subscribes to African American History Online as an academic resource and to provide students with materials related to our mission as an HBCU. AAHO is a collection of primary and secondary sources focused on 500 years of the African-American experience.
To access African American History Online:
- From the library's main web site, select eResources from the tiled menu or the left-hand menu.
- Select African American History Online from the list.
- You will need your MyShelton credentials to access this resource.
Searching African American History Online is as easy as a Google search, but provides targeted, vetted results that are appropriate for citation in academic papers.
Two important points:
- If you are planning to share an item, be sure to use the share option and not the URL from the address bar, which will expire.
- The works cited options contain all of the information you will need to make a citation; however, check the suggested option against whatever resource your instructor wants you to use for citation. There may be some slight differences and your instructor is always right.