Seeking help for units, lessons, resources for these units for 7th grade social studies

by Aaron Maurer 1 year, 8 months ago

I support over 20 school districts in Iowa in Social Studies. I am new to this lead support role and part of what I am working on is updating and developing a resource guide to help with teaching practices, bundling of standards, unit design, resources, and more to help support educators.

I am starting with 7th grade standards and in particular most use these big unit concepts in their curriculum design based on the standards for our state

Globalization

Standard of Living

Migration

Food Supply

I am reaching out here to see what others use and would be willing to share? I am working to populate this document that you can add to freely or leave a comment here and I will add.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pMghuojYfQWRW1JElJqqJbY01K5_AlPEVNkV_JXngik/edit?usp=sharing

I am going over previous resources shared from the person previous to me in my role that I will be adding to the document, but this community has been the most valuable group in work this year and wanted to tap into the genius of this community.

Thanks in advance for any of your ideas, supports, and resources.