Energy is stored long-term in the bonds of _____ and used short-term to perform work from a(n) _____ molecule.
- ATP : glucose
- an anabolic molecule : catabolic molecule
- glucose : ATP
- a catabolic molecule : anabolic molecule
DNA replication involves unwinding two strands of parent DNA, copying each strand to synthesize complementary strands, and releasing the parent and daughter DNA. Which of the following accurately describes this process?
- This is an anabolic process
- This is a catabolic process
- This is both anabolic and catabolic
- This is a metabolic process but is neither anabolic nor catabolic