Which of the following was not a goal of the Stamp Act?
- to gain control over the colonists
- to raise revenue for British troops stationed in the colonies
- to raise revenue to pay off British debt from the French and Indian War
- to declare null and void any laws the colonies had passed to govern and tax themselves
For which of the following activities were the Sons of Liberty responsible?
- the Stamp Act Congress
- the hanging and beheading of a stamp commissioner in effigy
- the massacre of Conestoga in Pennsylvania
- the introduction of the Virginia Stamp Act Resolutions