Which of the following statements best represents the division between Patriots and Loyalists?
- Most American colonists were Patriots, with only a few traditionalists remaining loyal to the King and Empire.
- Most American colonists were Loyalists, with only a few firebrand revolutionaries leading the charge for independence.
- American colonists were divided among those who wanted independence, those who wanted to remain part of the British Empire, and those who were neutral.
- The vast majority of American colonists were neutral and didn’t take a side between Loyalists and Patriots.
Which of the following is not one of the tasks women performed during the Revolution?
- holding government offices
- maintaining their homesteads
- feeding, quartering, and nursing soldiers
- raising funds for the war effort