Chapter 12: Active Reading Strategies
ACTIVITY: PUTTING ACTIVE READING INTO PRACTICE
- List the steps in the SQ3R system. Which one do you think will take the most time? Why?
- Which step in the SQ3R system do you think is the most helpful for retaining information?
- Think of your most difficult textbook. What strategies can you use to help you understand the material better?
- What things most commonly distract you when you are reading? What can you do to control these distractions?
- List three specific places on your campus or at home that are appropriate for you to do your reading assignments. Which is best suited? What can you do to improve that reading environment?