Day 2 Task 2
- We will read and summarize the chapter Strenuous Days in A Boys’ Life of Booker T. Washington by W. C. Jackson.
- W wille read the text to find quotes, words, phrases, and evidence in the chapter that helps develop the central idea(s).
- We will discuss the following questions:
o Why did Booker T. Washington believe that he was not exempt from using his hands to fulfill any job at Tuskegee Institute?
o How did the buildings at Tuskegee Institute mark a pivotal moment in history?
o How did Booker T. Washington’s views on education improve Tuskegee?
o What details help support the central idea in the text?
- W wiell participate in a collaborative discussion after we have read the poem and the text.
- We will compare the poem and the text for similar ideas.
- We will develop a central idea for the text and the poem.