Hands typing on a laptop next to a stack of book and eyeglasses.
- The American Novel since 1945 In "The American Novel Since 1945" students will study a wide range of works from 1945 to the present. The course traces the formal and thematic developments of the novel in this period, focusing on the relationship between writers and readers.
- Introduction to Literature English 111 explores ways that writers portray human experience in their short stories, poems and plays. Through class discussions, lectures and creative responses, students will gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of literary works
- Literature MIT OpenCourseware
- Contemporary Novel search results on OER Commons
- USA Literature in Brief Published in the public domain by the United States Department of State.
- Outline of American Literature The Outline of American literature, newly revised, traces the paths of American narrative, fiction, poetry and drama as they move from pre-colonial times into the present, through such literary movements as romanticism, realism and experimentation. Includes contemporary literature.