Units included with this Open Author resource:
- Unit 1
- bcpl-computing, raspberry-pi, python, computer science
- Step 1 - Launch Minecraft Pi
- Step 2 - Python Programming
- Step 3 - First Python code
- Step 4 - Variables and Functions
- Step 5 - Creating a block
- Step 6 - Let's have some arguments
- Step 7 - Other ways to make blocks
- Step 8 - Creating multiple blocks
- Step 9 - Change Block Characteristics
- Step 10 - Big Finish!
- Step 11 - Challenge
Minecraft Pi is a free version of Minecraft that is available as a part of the Raspbian operating system. The world of Minecraft Pi can be changed using the Python programming language and this activity will introduce you to the basics. This lesson is adapted from https://www.raspberrypi.org/learning/getting-started-with-minecraft-pi/worksheet/ under a Creative Commons license.