Unit Topic: Informative Writing
Lesson: Research real-world problems and create a survival guide/multi-media presentation.
1. Students will collaborate with a partner to complete tasks.
2. Students will demonstrate knowledge of reliable sources to complete research about a real-world problem.
3. Students will evaluate and prioritize information to create a survival guide/multi-media presentation for a real-world problem.
4. Students will create a survival guide/multi-media presentation.
5. Students will present survival guide/multi-media presentation to the class.
6. Students will attribute sources and pictures.
Standards and Eligible Content:
· Microsoft products (Word, Publisher, PowerPoint)
Materials: Internet, computers, Microsoft products
Assessment: Students will be assessed on presentation and survival guide/multi-media presentation with a rubric.
· Provide a list of topics
· Provide a list of approved websites and resources for research
· Provide a blank or partially filled-in outline to lead research