Building In The Classroom - The Washington Monument
Design and build a prototype of the Washington Monument. Make a scale drawing of the Washington monument. Determine the scale factor and label your drawing.
The students will work in groups of 3 and draw up a scaled drawing of the Washington Monument and then create a scale model using their scale drawing. They will use teamwork, parents donating recycled materials and technology.
The student will research different websites about the Washington Monument and ratios. http://www.oercommons.org/courses/ratios-for-all-occasions
Student will research and build a small scale model of the Washington Monument. To do so the students will need to explore websites on the Washington Monument, Build a small scale model on on recyclable materials.
- Make a scale drawing of the Washington Monument. Determine the scale factor and label your drawing.
- create a scale model using your scale model. Use a variety of materials.
Student will give presentation and follow a rubric.
- The Sciences - What is the physical structure of the building?
- Do the materials agree with the environment?
- How does the building materials effect the environment?