Biology is designed for multi-semester biology courses for science majors. It is grounded on an evolutionary basis and includes exciting features that highlight careers in the biological sciences and everyday applications of the concepts at hand. To meet the needs of today’s instructors and students, some content has been strategically condensed while maintaining the overall scope and coverage of traditional texts for this course. Instructors can customize the book, adapting it to the approach that works best in their classroom. Biology also includes an innovative art program that incorporates critical thinking and clicker questions to help students understand—and apply—key concepts.
By the end of this section, you will be able to:Identify the spinal cord, cerebral lobes, and other brain areas on a diagram of the brainDescribe the basic functions of the spinal cord, cerebral lobes, and other brain areas
This lesson describes the function and components of the human nervous system. It helps students understand the purpose of our brain, spinal cord, nerves and the five senses. How the nervous system is affected during spaceflight is also discussed in this lesson.
Continuing our look at the nervous system, we take a survey of the components of the central nervous system. Covered in this video: Cerebrum, Cerebellum, Brainstem and the spinal cord.
Lesson 10 in our Nervous System series. This is part of our Anatomy and Physiology lecture series.
If this video helps you please be sure to LST -like subscribe and tell your friends. Your support help us make more videos. For the complete series please visit http://mrfordsclass.net/
Videos in the skeletal system series:
- Introduction (10:01): http://youtu.be/HX1bsdHLC58
- Neurons (10:02): http://youtu.be/-AcQI5MQhLU
- Classification of Neurons (10:03): http://youtu.be/PoqzDE_OLsQ
- Neuroglia Cells (10:04): http://youtu.be/stqdNMc6-Jk
- Before We Start (10:08): http://youtu.be/E8K_W8c_c-M
- Divisions of the Nervous System (10:09): http://youtu.be/kEJkYkF6nMc
- Components of the Central Nervous System (10:10): http://youtu.be/IwofyN198YU
- The Cerebrum (10:11): http://youtu.be/VLt3jigsMAU
- Lobes of the Cerebrum (10:12): http://youtu.be/Zc__B_sOA-Q
- Functional Areas of the Brain (10:13): http://youtu.be/sjbZ9QGyBi8