- "Future Ready: Civics - The Good Citizen" provides an overview of civic responsibilities and the roles of a good American citizen. It emphasizes the importance of civic participation, media literacy, and logical inference. The material highlights citizen participation in maintaining order, providing services, and protecting freedoms at all levels of government. It encourages various methods of community involvement and showcases successful projects. The material addresses barriers to participation and introduces vocabulary related to civic engagement, bias, propaganda, political parties, and elections. It explains the concept of logical inferences, detecting bias, and evaluating propaganda. It also covers elections, the Electoral College, and the right to vote, promoting civic engagement and informed decision-making.
- Philosophy, World Cultures, Education, Reading Informational Text, History, Law, Politics, U.S. History, World History, Social Science, Cultural Geography, Political Science, Psychology
- High School
- Material Type:
- Homework/Assignment, Lesson, Module, Reading, Unit of Study
- Benjamin Troutman, Washington OSPI OER Project
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.