Ways of Thinking: Make Connections
Take notes about your classmates’ graphs and comparisons.
As your classmates present, ask questions such as:
- How did the table help you make a graph of the situation?
- How does the line change as the sales tax changes in the different graphs? Can you explain the change?
- Why did you multiply by 1 plus the sale tax?
- Does your solution make sense in this situation?
- Could you have predicted what the graph would look like before you made it? How?
- Why do you think you found those similarities between the graphs?
- Why do you think you found those differences between the graphs?
- Are there any conclusions you can make based on comparing the graphs?