Navigation support document.reading_fast food
Navigation support documents are worksheets that list a set of websites with a task created around them aligned to a teaching objective.
These worksheets can guide learners from one website/ webpage to the next asking them to perform certain learning activities using each link in order to achieve the objective.
Navigation support document
Original idea by Sharayu Kolharkar
Skill developed: Reading using websites
- Begin by writing your responses to these questions on Spiderscribe.
- What is your favourite fast food?
- How often do you eat it?
- When was the last time you ate it? Do you miss it?
- Where do you get it from?
- What do you plan to do when you don’t get your favourite fast food?
After reading, try and match the food items with their respective images. Put the right number against each word. Send your teacher a picture.
- Read the text and answer the reading comprehension questions: http://www.eflnet.com/reading/fastfood.php
Post- Reading Task
- Here is one more text on the history of fast food http://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/edible-innovations/fast-food3.htm
- Using information from both the text you read, create a timeline of the history of fast food.
Tools you can use: https://spark.adobe.com/express-apps/timeline/