- It is important to understand polynomials and to be able to classify them based on the number of terms, as well as recognize the coefficients, and degrees. You must also understand how to perform mathematical operations on them. This seminar will focus on combining polynomials using addition and subtraction. It will be important to understand the rules to make sure you are combining only like terms. You will apply techniques you have learned involving exponents and general addition and subtraction rules. You will use the techniques learned in this seminar to verify solutions to various other types of polynomial problems as you move forward. When adding and subtracting polynomials, you will first identify the like terms to combine polynomials to their simplest form.StandardsCC.2.2.HS.D.3Extend the knowledge of arithmetic operations and apply to polynomials.
- Remix of:
- Adding & Subtracting Polynomials
- Mathematics, Algebra
- High School
- Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Lecture Notes
- Maggie Elgert
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution No Derivatives
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Interactive, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.