German 101 Lab 11 Online (Daily Routine)
Students will get to learn about a German holiday for the Warm-up. They will answer questions in full sentences regarding their daily routines.
Please Note: Many of the activities on the Pathways Project OER Repository were created by upper-division students at Boise State University and serve as a foundation that our community of practice can build upon and refine. While they are polished, we welcome and encourage collaboration from language instructors to help modify grammar, syntax, and content where needed. Kindly contact email@example.com with any suggestions and we will update the content in a timely manner. — The Pathways Project
Looking for the English Version of this activity to adapt for your language? CLICK HERE
About the Boise State World Languages Resource Center (WLRC) Language Activity Repository
The activities provided by the Boise State World Languages Resource Center (WLRC) serve as foundational activities which can be adapted by any language and scaled up or down on the proficiency scale. Many of these activities offer an English Version that is “language-agnostic” to provide language instructors from around the country a platform to remix these instructional materials, infusing them with their target language and culture! The activities within the Pathways Project OER Repository seek to help students solidify their interpersonal speaking and interpretive skills through task-based situations or communicative activities. These activities should be facilitated in the target language for approximately 90% (or more), per the recommendation of the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages.
How to use the WLRC Repository’s Activities:
1. Use the Activity as is:
Before you begin:
- Most activities are 30 minutes in duration, unless otherwise specified.
- Be sure to read through the activity description, and review the list of required materials. You will notice that the activity materials are also highlighted in yellow throughout the activity instructions.
If you have any suggestions about grammar, syntax, and content, please kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Remix for Your Language Classroom:
When you are ready to begin remixing the activity, in order to adapt it for the needs of your language classroom, simply click the blue “Remix This Resource” button at the top of your screen. This will then take you to a screen with a NEW, editable version of this activity. The text provided in purple is a suggestion of what you might say to your students in the target language, and may be altered for different levels and age groups. All activities have “NCSSFL-ACTFL Can-Do” statements, a warm-up, a main activity, and a wrap-up.
Many of the activities include printable cards and other instructional materials such as Google Slideshows. If you would like to make changes to these materials in Spanish, follow the instructions below:
- Google Slideshows:
- To begin, go to File -> Copy to create an editable version of the slideshow.
- Once finished with your changes, please complete the following steps to share:
- Click on Share
- Who Has Access
- Ensure link sharing is on and allow external access.
- Materials Saved as PDF: Please email email@example.com and we will provide you with an editable copy. Please allow up to two business days for a response. For YouTube videos and other websites, hyperlinks are provided.
3. Adapt for Another Language:
- See the linked English Version at the top of the activity (English Version may not be available for all activities)
Description: Students will get to learn about a German holiday for the Warm-up. They will answer questions in full sentences regarding their daily routines.
Proficiency Level: Novice
Keywords: Daily routines, German, chores, meal times
STANDARD 1.1 Students engage in conversations, provide and obtain information, express feelings and emotions, and exchange opinions.
STANDARD 1.2 Students understand and interpret written and spoken language on a variety of topics.
Idaho Content Standards for World Languages:
COMM 1: Interact with others in the target language and gain meaning from interact
COMM 2.1: Understand, interpret, and analyze what is heard, read, or viewed on a variety of topics.
NCSSFL-ACTFL Can-Do Statements:
I can talk about likes and dislikes.
I can discuss my daily routine.
I can ask and answer questions relating to my day.
St. Martin’s Tag
- St. Martin’s Day is typically a Catholic celebrated holiday, but because of the festivities, many other people take part.
- St. Martin’s Tag ist eine Katholische Feiertag, aber viele anderen machen mit.
- Children will build their own lanterns.
- Die Kinder basteln ihre eigen Laternen.
- When it gets dark, they will illuminate their lanterns and begin the lantern parade. Families will walk together in the parade, sing songs, and children will go to doors collecting snacks, candy, and other small goodies.
- Wenn es dunkel ist, leuchten sie die Laternen, gehen Laternelaufen, und singen viele St. Martins Liedern.
- A card will be turned over, revealing a question. A student will read the question out loud for the others to answer.
- Eine Karte wird umgedreht und du sollst die Frage auf der Karte vorlesen.
- The other students answer the question in full sentences.
- Die anderen Studenten beantworten diese Frage in ganzen Sӓtzen.
Then a new card will be revealed, repeating the whole process with a new student reading every time.
- Dann wird eine neue Karte umgedreht. Er/sie liest die Frage vor und die anderen Studenten antworten.
Wann steht ihr auf?
Wann schlaft ihr ein?
Was esst ihr zum Frühstück?
Wie kommt ihr zur Uni an?
Wann esst ihr Mittagsessen?
Was esst ihr zum Abendessen?
Wo ist das beste Essen in Boise?
Was sind eure Lieblingssüßigkeiten?
Wo kauft ihr essen?
Kocht ihr gern?
Was ist euer Lieblingsessen?
Wie entspannt ihr euch?
- What is something you do every day?
- Was ist etwas, das du jeden Tag machst?
- What do you have to do in your day that you don’t like to do?
- Was musst du in deinem Tag machen, das du nicht magst?
- There is now a new weekday between Sunday and Monday. What would you do with this day/extra time?
- Es gibt jetzt einen neuen Tag in der Woche zwischen Sonntag und Montag. Was machst du mit dieser Zeit/diesem neuen Tag?