The 7 Wonders of the World!
This is an online module created for the 3rd Grade of the Junior High School. The topic of the lesson is the "7 Wonders of the World", and its main emphasis is placed on the Listening comprehension skills practice.
The lesson is constructed on the basis of the ADDIE Model (Kurt,2017), and it is inspired by the UDL Principles approach (CAST,2011), and the Gagne's Nine Events of Instruction.
During the lesson, various online platforms and webtools are used, something that makes learning procedure more interesting and accessible for all learners to attend and follow.
These are the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World. Have you ever heard of the 7 Wonders of the World before?What do you know about them?
The Temple of Artemis
Hanging Gardens of Babylon
Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
The Great Pyramid of Giza
Lighthouse of Alexandria
Colossus of Rhodes
Statue of Zeus at Olympia
Lesson Objectives Presentation
This is an online module inspired by the UDL Principles approach, that promotes and encourages learning flexibility and accessibility for all learners.
Here are the Lesson Objectives, everything that will take place in today's lesson!
- Presentation, discussion and analysis on the topic of the "7 Wonders of the Modern World"
- Integration, consolidation and use of Adjectives related to places and architecture characteristics
- Engagement with a Brainstorming activity through the AnswerGarden online platform, in order for prior knowledge to be activated
- Video-Audio presentation on the 7 Wonders of the Modern World, and Listening comprehension on the video
- Quiz taking through the Flexiquiz webtool, based on the video, and instant feedback receivement after the completion of the Quiz
- Involvement with a Matching the images with the suitable description task on the LearningApps platform
- Writing creation-a short email to a friend production writing about which of the 7 Wonders impressed you the most and you would like to visit some day, and why
Activity 1- Brainstorming!
Brainstorming! Look at the pictures below. These are the 7 Wonders of the Modern World. Write 3 common adjectives for all the images, regarding their location and architecture.
Use the AnswerGarden platform for your answers.
This Images Task is inspired by the term of Multimodality. You could check the link below in order to find out what Multimodality is!
Activity 2 - Video-Audio Presentation
Watch the video regarding the 7 Wonders of the Modern World and write the proper name and location under each picture of Activity 1.
Use the Padlet platform to write your answers.
Activity 3 - Quiz
Based on the video you watched before on the 7 Wonders of the Modern World, answer the quiz questions.
Follow the link to the quiz.
Activity 4 - Matching activity
Match the 7 Wonders of the Modern World with the charasteristics below.
Follow the link to LearningApps in order to complete the task online.
|4.||Great Wall of China|
|7.||Christ the Redeemer Statue|
|a.||long, ancient fortification|
|c.||massive, roman amphitheatre|
|d.||monastery, mountainous, desert|
|e.||graphic stone carvings, sophisticated geometry|
|f.||dry-stone walls, valley, panoramic views|
|g.||Art Deco, soapstone|
Activity 5-Writing Production
Write a short email to a friend of yours telling him/her a) which of the 7 Wonders of the Modern world you would like to visit and b) describe why.
Send your responses to your teacher via email.
This is the end of the online module.
Thank you for your attention!