- This course introduces students to modern world history and geography. It provides an opportunity for students to learn and further develop foundational research and writing skills by incorporating practice into every class session. Early in the course, students select a country to study, then all research and writing activities are focused on that country. It also utilizes the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals to help students explore their country.The course utilizes openly licensed textbooks and publicly available materials as course materials.This survey course is intended for freshmen and sophomore-level students who are interested in exploring historical, political and social contexts beyond their own. Students will have ample opportunities to practice foundational skills including writing, research, source citation, critical thinking and public speaking.It was originally taught over 13 weeks as part of a Fulbright US Scholar grant in the International College at Tunghai University in Taichung Taiwan. It was developed with support from the Open Education for a Better World Program.
- World History, Physical Geography
- Community College / Lower Division
- Material Type:
- Assessment, Full Course, Homework/Assignment, Syllabus
- Brianna Buljung
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.