- In this virtual professional development opportunity designed for teachers, participants will have a chance to authentically engage with activities and experts as they grow their understanding of how climate change has and will impact their community. Teachers analyze and interpret recent climate science data and progress understanding on the most salient climate change indicators in Washington. Additionally, teachers explore the efforts to conserve and protect a local species, its cultural significance and how these efforts are indicative of a greater effort to address climate change. Teachers leave this training with increased preparedness to leverage a local species or climate change impact in their classroom to spur action in their community. Contact EarthGen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Environmental Science, Ecology, Cultural Geography
- Lower Primary, Upper Primary, Middle School, High School, Adult Education
- Material Type:
- Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Becky Bronstein, Washington OSPI OER Project, Kailyn Wentz, EarthGen Washington
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs
No evaluations yet.