- This course provides an overview of social service agencies, social work, and human services. Students will understand the historical and current delivery of social services by exploring problems of living such as poverty, substance abuse, and mental health. Emphasis is on the knowledge and tasks used by skilled, ethical, and culturally responsive social service workers. Students will have the opportunity to analyze the structure a social service agency, create a career plan, and develop the identity of a social work/human services professional. This course is not open to students who have completed HSER 300.
- Social Science, Social Work
- Community College / Lower Division
- Material Type:
- Homework/Assignment, Reading, Syllabus
- Open for Antiracism Program (OFAR)
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs
No evaluations yet.