- In this lesson students will learn about Louise Erdrich and then read her poem “Advice to Myself #2: Resistance.” As students read they will analyze how the writer uses words, phrases, and details to communicate a theme. Students will discuss the message of the poem in both small and large groups and discuss how the author’s literary choices help communicate this message. Students will then write about a message in the poem and explain what lines most strongly communicate that message as evidence to support their thinking.
- Language Education (ESL), Reading Literature, Speaking and Listening
- High School, Community College / Lower Division
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Deanna Delgado, Oregon Open Learning
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Audio, Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Video
No evaluations yet.