Summary and way forward

by Tony Mays 4 years, 5 months ago

Dear Colleagues

Apologies for the recent silence: I got back to Vancouver on the Saturday after our workshop and travelled again the following day. Now I am back in Vancouver again for a while.

I have requested UBEC to send me the updated groups, emails and telephone numbers which were updated during the course of the meeting.

In the meantime, please proceed as follows:

1. Please delete any files you have uploaded simply as experiments so that the space is less cluttered.
  2. Please focus on Year 4 and Year 7 resources and save your new resources in the appropriate sub-folders I have created.
  3. Please remember to number the resources sequentially so that learners, teachers and parents can understand the correct sequence e.g. 1.3.4 is the 4th lesson of topic 3 under theme 1.
  4. Create your resources in Word on your PC before uploading so that you always have the original in case anything goes wrong on the platform.
  5. Please remember to focus on the learner rather than the teacher e.g. By the end of this lesson, you should be able to ... 
  6. Please use a three-phase model: introductory linking to prior knowledge; developmental exploring a new concept and practising its use; consolidating to apply old and new learning to an authentic problem.
  7. Remember to check for open licensing. If the licence is not clear assume all rights reserved copyright. This would mean completely rewriting any text and replacing any diagrams (e.g. you could use your phone to take photos of the artefacts you use in your day classes for inclusion in your distance learning lessons).
  8. Please feel free to email a draft version of your new resources (to tmays@col.org)  before you upload them as I cannot edit for language etc. once you have uploaded the resource.

I hope you enjoy the content development process.

Regards

Tony

Ahmadu Umar 4 years, 5 months ago

Thanks to Dr Tony has a center manager how do I contribute?

Tony Mays 4 years, 5 months ago

Dear Ahmadu

I am awaiting confirmation from UBEC of the dates for a separate workshop for centre managers.

In this space, however, you could usefully play a role of providing feedback on draft resources to help improve quality in the subject/s in which you have expertise. Note that for every resource uploaded, it is possible to provide comments - in the form of constructive feedback on how the resource might be improved.

Regards

Tony

Ahmadu Umar 4 years, 5 months ago

Sir you mean I should also provide the contain which I think is useful in my society?

Tony Mays 4 years, 5 months ago

I mean look at the draft resources that have been created for subjects/levels that you teach or fomerly taught and then suggest to the authors how they might be improved or further developed.