Welcome to the Oregon CTE Health Sciences PLC Forum!

by Liz Rain 9 months ago

We're excited to have you join our community dedicated to the field of CTE health sciences education in Oregon.  Whether you're a seasoned pro or just starting your journey, this forum is your hub for knowledge sharing, collaboration, and professional growth.

Let's Kickstart the Converstaion!

Please introduce yourself by sharing:
1. Your name
2.  Your role in health science education
3.  One thing you're passionate about when it comes to teahcing

Let's build a supporive and vibrant community where we can inspire, learn, and grow together.  Let's make this forum an invaluble resource for everyone in Oregon CTE health sciences education!

Hey! 

Kristen Rosenblum

CTE Health Science Teacher at Thurston High School in Springfield, OR. I am starting a Medical Assisting Pathway. 

I'm looking forward to helping students who want to go into the Medical Field learn what they want to do and get them some of ths skills and tools they need to succeed! 

Liz Rain 9 months ago

Welcome, Kristen!  So exciting to hear about the starting of a new pathway at Thurston!  Let me know how I can be a support :)

Beth Washak 8 months, 4 weeks ago

Hey y'all!

1.  My name is Beth Washak
2.  I am the Master Health Sciences Teacher at Oregon Charter Academy (ORCA)
3.  I absolutely love seeing that moment when a complex concept "clicks" for a student. Such a great moment. Also, I have a high appreciation for the level of collaboration between peers in the teaching profession, not all professions are like that. 

Liz Rain 8 months, 4 weeks ago

Hi Beth!  Welcome to the forum :)  I also LOVE seeing the lightbul go off for students!

Janci Sivey 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi, 

I'm Janci Sivey and I teach Healthcare at Hermiston High School. 

We offer 4 levels of HC classes. 

My favorite thing about teaching HC is that even if they don't plan on going into the medical field, they are still learning valuable lessons that might one day save someones life or their own. 

Liz Rain 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Welcome, Janci!  Welcome to the forum!  Such valuable lessons CTE teachers provide their students - thank you :)

Amy Lee 8 months ago

1. Amy Lee

2. Teacher and HOSA Advisor at Oregon Charter Academy (virtual school)

3. I love to share all the different pathways with students. It's not all doctors and nurses! That is just one small sector of health science careers. I also always share that this is my 3rd career so that they know it's okay to change their minds!