- I've converted the collection.xml file in the zipped version of OpenStax Chemistry v 12.1 https://email@example.com/chemistry-12.1.zip to an imsmanifest.xml file so that one can import the whole book into D2L (Brightspace). Attached here is the imsmanifest.xml file alone. I don't know a lot about IMS compliance, but I think this imsmanifest.xml file could work for other LMSs as well. Please let me know if it does, or if you have other ways of importing the textbook to a LMS.
I have also "prettied up" the html files in the zipped version of OpenStax Chemistry v12.1 by:
- removing the path for the images,
- using <details></details> for objectives, summaries and solutions, and
- creating a .css file which takes advantage of the various environments defined in the .html file
That new zip file is attached.
Finally, I'm also attaching the perl script that I used to change the .html files, in case you want to make systemic changes to what I did or try something else.
- Community College / Lower Division, College / Upper Division
- Material Type:
- Erika Merschrod
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.