- Learn how enslaved African Americans in Richmond, Virginia, established what a historian in this clip calls “quasi-free communities, where they etched out lives for themselves, that paved the way forward.” This resource is part of the How the Monuments Came Down collection, created by Virginia Public Media.
- U.S. History, Social Science
- Middle School, High School
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Primary Source, Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Trish Reed
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.