- Staff at Avanti HS in Olympia, WA, organized and full-day media literacy symposium for their students. They invited community members to present on various aspects of media and communications. Students signed up for 45-minute sessions throughout the day. At the end of the day, students gathered in their advisory classes to debrief and share highlights.The project was part of the Digital Immersion Initiative 2.0 in the Olympia School District and funded in part by a Digital Citizenship and Media Literacy from the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction.The materials provided here were posted with the permission of the AHS staff members who created them.
- Technology, Journalism, Social Science
- High School
- Material Type:
- Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Sharyn Merrigan, Jamie Sproul
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs
No evaluations yet.