- The words we choose to communicate with can be quite tricky. In fact, great writers are considered artists because of their language skills. In this seminar, you will learn how to enhance an argument by choosing your words carefully and “playing” with the language. Rhetorical devices (a fancy term for “persuasive words”) will be a significant aspect of your artful language.StandardsCC.1.2.9-10.H: Delineate and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, assessing the validity of reasoning and relevance of evidence.CC.1.4.9-10.C: Develop and analyze the topic with relevant, well-chosen, and sufficient facts, extended definitions, concrete details, quotations, or other information and examples appropriate to the audience’s knowledge of the topic; include graphics and multimedia when useful to aiding comprehension.CC.1.4.9-10.G: Write arguments to support claims in an analysis of substantive topics.
- English Language Arts
- High School
- Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Bonnie Waltz, Deanna Mayers, Tracy Rains
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Interactive, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.