- This document provides a simplified version of an investigation that uses quadrats to compare habitats in your schoolyard. Depending on your focus, the activity can be adapted to compare the diversity or amount of ground insects, invertebrates or plants in two areas. Students use the Next Generation Science Standards’ Planning and Carrying Out Investigations practice and the Cause and Effect and/or Stability and Change crosscutting concepts to build understanding of the needs of animals, differences in ecosystems and/or change in ecosystems.
- Environmental Science, Life Science
- Lower Primary, Upper Primary, Middle School, High School
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Emma Pesis, Brad Street
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Interactive, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.