- This module was created in response to an observed need by BranchED and the module authors for efforts to increase the recognition, adaptation, and use of open educational resources (OER) among pre- and in-service teachers and the faculty who work in educator preparation programs. The module's purpose is to position teacher educators, teacher candidates and in-service teachers as empowered content creators. By explicitly teaching educators about content that has been licensed for re-use and informing them about their range of options for making their own works available to others, they will gain agency and can make inclusive and equity-minded decisions about curriculum content. The module provides instructional materials, resources, and activities about copyright, fair use, public domain, OER, and visual literacy to provide users with a framework for selecting, modifying, and developing curriculum materials.
- Information Science, Visual Arts, Graphic Design, Education, Educational Technology
- College / Upper Division, Graduate / Professional
- Material Type:
- Kimberly Grotewold, Karen Kohler, Tasha Martinez, LisaL Kulka
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Graphics/Photos, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.