- This lesson is intended for students who are new to Shakespeare and his writing. In the lesson, students will read about sonnets, read and respond to specific Shakespearean sonnets, and explore the poetic elements - specifically meter and rhyme - of Shakespearean sonnets. This lesson was created by Tyler Barna as part of the 2020 NDE OER Workshop and was conceived from Maxx Stewart's lesson posted to OER Commons. It is designed for beginning Shakespeare students, typically in English Language Arts grades 8-10. It is expected that this lesson will take students 90 minutes to complete. All materials are linked digitally within the lesson. This lesson is written for students; "Student View" is the recommended output for this lesson.
- Literature, Performing Arts, Reading Literature
- Middle School, High School
- Material Type:
- Homework/Assignment, Lesson, Reading
- Tyler Barna
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML, Video
No evaluations yet.