- Welcome to the El Camino College EMT program! Emergency Medical Technicians are professional medical responders that work to help ill and injured patients in various emergency field and clinical settings. EMT principles that are covered throughout this course include, but are not limited to: leadership, followership, communication, safety, situational awareness, basic life support (BLS), patient assessment and professionalism. EMT students learn about the practices and procedures for treating medical illnesses and traumatic injuries through facilitated discussion, skills lab, simulations, scenarios and field experience. Students who successfully complete all 170 hours with an overall grade of 80% (B) or better will qualify to take the NREMT test for certification. Once the NREMT is completed, the student would be eligible for a state EMT license.
- Applied Science, Health, Medicine and Nursing
- Community College / Lower Division
- Material Type:
- Homework/Assignment, Syllabus
- Open for Antiracism Program (OFAR)
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs
No evaluations yet.