- In this class, you will explore ideas about virtues in our society such as love, success, compassion, happiness, and justice through readings and writings. This course will explore how the phenomenonof these different ideas manifests in our culture and in our language. How do we define love? What is success? Who desires justice? And how do this definition change in regards to ideas about race, sex, gender, age, and other cultural constructs? What does our subjective understand about our values ultimately say about who we are, individually? We will discuss different arguments about from essayists, poets, and artists. We will also analyze how modern media portrays our value systems. Finally, we will write essays that utilize different modes of composition and argument strategies to write research papers for your own ideas.
- English Language Arts, Composition and Rhetoric
- Community College / Lower Division
- Material Type:
- Homework/Assignment, Syllabus
- Open for Antiracism Program (OFAR)
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs
No evaluations yet.