- The materials in this resource are intended for first-week-of-class activities in a literature-based composition course, although "The Danger of a Single Story" would be appropriate for viewing and discussion at any time during the semester. The first section of this resource explains some reasons for taking a literature-based composition course. The remaining materials provide ice-breaker and introductory activites.The "Varieties of Why," the study questions, and the discussion board activity are licensed under CC BY-NC-SA. The "Danger of a Single Story" by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is used under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0.
- Literature, Higher Education, Composition and Rhetoric, Reading Literature
- Community College / Lower Division
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Homework/Assignment, Lecture
- Judith Westley, Daniel Kelley, Nina Adel, Graham Harkness
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.