- In this presentation and discussion for high school students, students will learn a simple definition for algorithm and discuss the ways that algorithms shape social media content. Students will question whether the algorithms in their own social media allow them to pursue their interests or limit them. Students will explore ways to adjust settings, privacy and ad preferences to affect the algorithms in the platforms they use.
- Technology, Sociology
- Middle School, High School
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Homework/Assignment, Lesson, Lesson Plan, Teaching/Learning Strategy
- Sharyn Merrigan, Katie Savinski
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
No evaluations yet.