01. Participant Agenda - ClimeTime 3 day institute OER
02. Features of Classroom Culture that Supports Equitable Sensemaking OER
03. Air Quality Graphic Organizer OER
04. Eliciting Ideas Air Pollution OER
05. Listening to ideas - Facilitator Data Collection OER
06. Model Scaffold for Air Quality OER
07. Back Pocket Questions for Initial Models OER
08. Sentence Starters OER
09. What Can I Try - Student Discourse - AST Website
10. Seven Element Jigsaw
Ambitious Science Teaching website
Elementary AST ClimeTime Institute (Day 1) ADA
Elementary AST ClimeTime Institute (Day 2) ADA
Elementary AST ClimeTime Institute (Day 3) ADA
Using Air Quality Phenomena to Explore Ambitious Science Teaching Practices
The materials in this collection provide the slides and handouts used for a three day, elementary teacher, professional learning event. During this event, teachers practiced modeling their thinking about air pollution from recent Pacific Northwest fires. We used this phonemena to explore ways to help students make their thinking visible (modleing the system) and track changes in thinking over time (summary tables). We also worked on listening to student discourse to identify student ideas and consider moves to press on their thinking. This was an NGSS pedagogy workshop series using air pollution as the phenomena to explore supportive teaching strategies.
Summer Institute Materials
This is a three day institutes below are the resouces needed to implement day one of the institute. Here you will find the slide deck for day one and the handouts for all three days. You will aslo find copy directions.
This event shared the work of the University of Washington's Ambitious Science Teaching program.