- Conceptual Physics is a year-long course based on CK-12 OER instructional material and supplemented with limited commercially-available materials. The course is project-based, argument-driven inquiry. Each unit begins with presentation of an intriguing phenomenon, followed by an essential question about the phenomenon, and a project centered on answering that essential question. Throughout the unit, students conduct research and investigations to answer portions of the question. Each unit has a student "Task" at the end that serves as an assessment of the unit's concepts. At the end of each unit, students assemble all of the unit tasks and synthesize a personal final project that answers the essential question in a personal context chosen by the student.
- Physical Science, Astronomy, Physics
- High School
- Material Type:
- Full Course, Lesson, Lesson Plan, Unit of Study
- Jonathan Frostad, Gary Thayer, Malia Turner, Zachary Sawhill, Mackenzie Neal, Michael Crebbin, Washington OSPI OER Project
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs
No evaluations yet.