- Learners will be exposed to a variety of nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and intergovernmental organizations (IGOs) whereby they will develop and build awareness of viable resources they can draw upon currently and, in the future, to help achieve their goals. This lesson will help prepare learners to identify a nonprofit organization’s mission statement and learner’s will employ critical thinking skills to connect that mission statement to one of the nonprofit’s past/current/future projects. Learners will orally present their findings to their peers. This lesson will apply the universal intellectual standard of relevance as learners will write a reflective analysis of their own research experience and explain which NGO/IGO is most relevant to their lives. The lesson activities can be adapted to different classrooms depending on available technologies.
- Remix of:
- Critical Analysis of Non-governmental (NGO) and Intergovernmental Organization (IGO) Mission Statements and Relevance
- Communication, Reading Informational Text, Speaking and Listening
- Middle School, High School, Adult Education
- Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Lesson, Lesson Plan
- Laurie Wyatt
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution
- English, French
- Media Format:
No evaluations yet.